- Monday, November 12 | Veterans Day Celebration at NG
- Monday, November 12 | EarlyAct Meeting 3:00-4:00 PM
- Monday, November 12 | Battle of the Books Competition 4:30 PM
- Monday, November 12 | PTO Meeting 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 13 | Hawk Heroes Breakfast 7:30 AM (2nd Grade)
- Tuesday, November 13 | 5th Grade Band Concert 7:00 PM at SHS
- Thursday, November 15 | 4th Grade Field Trip
- Thursday, November 15 | Student Enter Raffle Tickets in Buckets for RWTH
- Thursday, November 15 | Kindergarten Friendship Feast
- Friday, November 16 | Announce Yearbook Cover Finalists
- Friday, November 16 | Running with the Hawks Assemblies
- Friday, November 16 | Progress Reports Come Home
- Monday, November 19 | Parent Teacher Conferences
- Tuesday, November 20 | Parent Teacher Conferences
- Wednesday, November 21 | No School
- Thursday, November 22 | No School
- Friday, November 23 | No School
Monday, November 12
We will host several events for our local veterans tomorrow in honor of Veterans Day. Students were asked to invite a veteran from their life to join us at North Grove starting at 9:00 AM. We will host a breakfast for the veterans, and our students who invited them. After the breakfast, we will have a building assembly. We will also have lessons in the classrooms along with a school wide display in the cafeteria and hallways. This is always such a special day at North Grove.
- Kindergarten and First: Wear Red
- Second and Third: Wear White
- Fourth and Fifth: Wear Blue
Kazo Primary School- Pencil Drive!
This year at North Grove we have some new friends in the country of Rwanda. We will be learning about the Kazo Primary School throughout the school year. They will also be learning more about North Grove and our educational system. We will be exchanging videos and items to learn more about each other’s culture. Please enjoy the first video from the Kazo Primary School and NIU. EarlyAct will help us draft our first video response to our new friends in Kazo.
Click here to view the first video from our friends at the Kazo Primary School.
One activity that we will be doing at school that promotes citizenship is asking for donations of new pencils and pencil sharpeners for the Kazo Primary School in Rwanda. We are asking for donations of new items to send to the students at the school. Our goal is 10,000 pencils and 1,000 pencil sharpeners. Pencils may be put in the basket on the stage in the cafeteria. Come on Hawks, let’s donate to our friends at Kazo!
Parent Teacher Conferences– November 19 and November 20
Parent teacher conferences will be held from 1:00 to 8:00 PM on Monday, November 19 and Tuesday, November 20. If you have not scheduled a conference time please contact the office.
At conferences we will ask parents to help with the following items:
- Drop off new pencils or pencil sharpeners for our Kazo Drive
- Take a brief survey to help us get better at NG
- Place your vote for the winning yearbook cover
- Checkout our developing Makerspace at North Grove (Multipurpose Room)
- Take any lost and found items that might be yours
Thank you for your support!
Please click on the link for a digital copy of our November Newsletter. Inside you will find all of the latest updates and happenings at North Grove.
North Grove is participating in the Colorcycle program to recycle markers to Crayola. The bin for your dried out markers is located next to the bulletin board and Box Top bin in the cafeteria near the main office.
Cold Weather and Snow
Cool weather is here! As temperatures continue to drop be sure your children are dressed appropriately for the weather. When the temperature is 60° or below, all students are expected to wear a jacket. When the temperature is below 40° students should wear winter coats, hats and gloves. If students wish to play in the snow they must have have on boots and snow pants.
Also, please note that students will go outside for recess unless the temperature and/or wind chill is below zero. If you need assistance with any winter gear, please contact the office.
Spartan Food Pantry
Sycamore School District is partnering with the Northern Illinois Food Bank to provide Sycamore families with a seasonal mobile food pantry. This pantry is open on Wednesdays from 3:30-5:30 PM at West Elementary School. Any district family can participate in this mobile pantry. Please feel free to bring boxes and bags to make your shopping experience run smoothly. We will have back up boxes and bags if needed. Click here for more information.
Follow North Grove on Twitter for updates, videos and pictures of events taking place at school. Search NorthGrove1 on Twitter to find us.