- Wednesday, November 7 | Yearbook Cover Entries Due
- Thursday, November 8 | Wear Green Day for Citizenship
- Friday, November 9 | End of First Trimester
- Friday, November 9 | Veterans Day Passport Paperwork Due
- Friday, November 9 | EarlyAct on WLBK 1360 AM Radio at 9:40 AM
- Monday, November 12 | Veterans Day Celebration at NG
- Monday, November 12 | EarlyAct Meeting 3:00-4:00 PM
- Monday, November 12 | Battle of the Books Competition 4:30 PM
- Monday, November 12 | PTO Meeting 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 13 | Hawk Heroes Breakfast 7:30 AM (2nd Grade)
- Tuesday, November 13 | 5th Grade Band Concert 7:00 PM at SHS
- Thursday, November 15 | 4th Grade Field Trip
- Friday, November 16 | Running with the Hawks Assemblies
- Friday, November 16 | Progress Reports Come Home
Kazo Primary School
This year at North Grove we have some new friends in the country of Rwanda. We will be learning about the Kazo Primary School throughout the school year. They will also be learning more about North Grove and our educational system. We will be exchanging videos and items to learn more about each other’s culture. Please enjoy the first video from the Kazo Primary School and NIU. EarlyAct will help us draft our first video response to our new friends in Kazo.
Click here to view the first video from our friends at the Kazo Primary School.
Monday, November 12
We will host several events for our local veterans on Monday, November 12. Students are asked to invite a veteran from their life to join us at North Grove starting at 9:00 AM. We will host a breakfast for the veterans, and our students who invited them. After the breakfast, we will have a building assembly. We will also have lessons in the classrooms along with a school wide display in the cafeteria and hallways. Please return the Veterans Day Passport paperwork by Friday, November 9. This paperwork will help us prepare for the event and will be sent home this week. Click here to access our Veterans Day paperwork.
- Kindergarten and First: Wear Red
- Second and Third: Wear White
- Fourth and Fifth: Wear Blue
Yearbook Cover Contest
Wednesday, November 7
Time to grab a pen or pencil and get your thinking cap on! The yearbook cover contest
is open to all students at North Grove.
- All entries must be submitted on a plain, unlined, white sheet of 8.5 x 11 paper
- Please make sure to put North Grove Elementary 2018-2019 on your cover.
- The cover should be an original hand drawn creation
- Please put your name and teacher on the back of your creation
- Be creative! Have fun!
Parent Teacher Conferences- November 19 and November 20
Parent teacher conferences will be held from 1:00 to 8:00 PM on Monday, November 19
and Tuesday, November 20. If you have not scheduled a conference time please
contact the office.
Recess Supervisor Position
We are currently looking for someone to work at North Grove during the lunch hours. We need a positive person who can multi-task and connect with students as they supervise recess. This is a daily position from 11:20 AM to 1:20 PM. The job duties would include monitoring allergy needs, supervising the students during recess, managing a large group of students at once, and working in collaboration with the other recess staff. If you are interested in this position please click here to apply and contact Mr. Janisch.
As the weather in the midwest continues to change quickly, please help your child(ren) be
prepared for recess. We ask that all students wear a coat when the temperature is below 60
Spartan Food Pantry
Sycamore School District is partnering with the Northern Illinois Food Bank to provide Sycamore families with a seasonal mobile food pantry. This pantry is open on Wednesdays from 3:30-5:30 PM at West Elementary School. Any district family can participate in this mobile pantry. Please feel free to bring boxes and bags to make your shopping experience run smoothly. We will have back up boxes and bags if needed. Click here for more information.
Follow North Grove on Twitter for updates, videos and pictures of events taking place at school.
Search NorthGrove1 on Twitter to find us.