- Tuesday, October 2 | After-School Orchestra Begins for 4th Grade
- Wednesday, October 3 | Running with the Hawks Day at NG
- Wednesday, October 3 | Club Registration Closes
- Thursday, October 4 | Running with the Hawks Rain Date at NG
- Thursday, October 4 | After-School Orchestra Begins for 5th Grade
- Friday, October 5 | Early Dismissal Day for School Improvement 1:00 PM
- Monday, October 8-Friday, October 12 | After School Clubs Begin
- Monday, October 8 | EarlyAct Meeting 3:00-4:00 PM
- Monday, October 8 | PTO Meeting 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 9 | 3rd Grade Hawk Heroes Breakfast 7:30 AM
- Tuesday, October 10 | Board of Education Meeting at NG 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 10 | 2nd Grade Field Trip
- Wednesday, October 10 | 5th Grade Field Trip
- Wednesday, October 10 | Battle of the Books Practice 3:00-4:00 PM
- Thursday, October 11 | Great Apple Crunch Day
- Friday, October 12 | Picture Retake Day
Running with the Hawks
Running with the Hawks is a fun fitness based fundraiser that has become a tradition at North Grove. The students work as a team to complete as many laps as possible during the 15 minute time limit. The students are asked to collect pledges which go directly to our PTO. This money has been used to purchase books, technology, a rock wall, soccer goals, a playground
expansion and more. The students have their pledge sheets and they should start looking for pledges. Online donations have become very popular over the past few years. This is especially helpful for family that live out of town. Click here to access our online donation feature.
We would encourage you to join us as we cheer on our Hawks during this fun event. You can meet us on the field at North Grove just south of the building. Below you will find our running schedule for Running with the Hawks. Click here for an additional copy of the paperwork that was sent home.
North Grove Activity Clubs
The North Grove Activity Clubs are back once again. Please see the chart below for our current availability. If you need additional copies of the club paperwork you can print from the links below. Thank you to our North Grove Staff for offering these unique learning opportunities to our students.
Recess Supervisor Position
We are currently looking for someone to work at North Grove during the lunch hours. We need a positive person who can multi-task and connect with students as they supervise recess. This is a daily position from 11:20 AM to 1:20 PM. The job duties would include monitoring allergy needs, supervising the students during recess, managing a large group of students at once, and
working in collaboration with the other recess staff. If you are interested in this position please click here to apply and contact Mr. Janisch.
Spartan Food Pantry
Sycamore School District is partnering with the Northern Illinois Food Bank to provide Sycamore families with a seasonal mobile food pantry. This pantry is open from 3:30-5:30 PM at West Elementary School. Any district family can participate in this mobile pantry. Please feel free to bring boxes and bags to make your shopping experience run smoothly. We will have back up boxes and bags if needed. Click here for more information.
Follow North Grove on Twitter for updates and pictures of events taking place at school. Search NorthGrove1 on Twitter to find us.