Friday, February 5
Remote BOLD Award Meeting 3:00 PM
Monday, February 8
Supply Pickup from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (No Delivery Service Available)
EarlyAct Meeting 3:15 PM
PTO Meeting 8:00 PM
Tuesday, February 9
Valentines Cards for Seniors Due
School Picture Day
Board Meeting 7:00 PM
Wednesday, February 10
School Picture Day
Thursday, February 11
Announce Weekly BOLD Winners
Friday, February 12
No School - Institute Day
Remote Supply Pick Up 9:00-11:30 AM (No Delivery Service Available)
Remote BOLD Awards 2:00 PM
Monday, February 15
No School - Presidents’ Day
Thursday, February 18
Wear Pink Day for Honesty
Announce Weekly BOLD Winners
Friday, February 19
Kindergarten Registration Opens for 21-22 School Year
Remote BOLD Awards 2:00 PM
Supply Pickup Update
Supply pickup for today has been rescheduled to Monday, February 8 from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Please come to the door entrance E-7 which is right by the main entrance.
If you are out today or tomorrow and you would like to drop off your valentines and pick up your student supplies you may do so. The front entrance to North Grove will be open today until 7:00 PM. Tomorrow we will open the front entrance from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Please don’t feel like you need to make a special trip out, but I wanted to have this option available for families.
Black History Month
Black History Month has started and it gives our schools the opportunity to celebrate the contributions of Black Americans to our nation’s past, present, and future. During the month of February we will be focusing on celebrating Black History month. Each monday we will have a fact for the week during announcements. Then each classroom will have instruction specific to Black History Month. We know this will be a meaningful month for all of our students.
Valentines for Seniors
This year North Grove will help support seniors in the area by making them Valentine's Day cards. If your child would be willing to help us with this activity please have them make a card and turn them into the office by Tuesday, February 9th.
Thank you for joining us in making sure our seniors know how much we care about them.
Picture Days will take place on Tuesday, February 9 and Wednesday, February 10. Students will take pictures on the day that they are in school.
These pictures will be used for our yearbook.
Remote students will have the option to come between 2:30-5:00 PM either day.
Enter through the doors by the art and music room (Door E-4).
Parents will accompany their remote students during the photo process.
Parents can order online using the link below; use code 50469BF.
Students will have the option to remove their masks for pictures. Masks must be worn while waiting in line and immediately after the picture is taken.
The Chromebooks from the middle school have arrived at North Grove! Mrs. Kerlin and her team have been working hard at getting them ready for our students. We will be able to get all students in grades 1-5 who don’t have a district Chromebook a device in the next few weeks. We will start with 5th grade and work our way down each grade level. The students who are in hybrid learning will receive their Chromebooks on their attendance day. Our remote students will pick them up during a supply pickup. We will communicate more details about the handout process as it begins.
Erin’s Law Presentations (Sexual Assault / Sexual Abuse)
Your child’s classroom will be receiving the Erin’s Law presentations during the week of February 22. Information about the presentations is available on our district website. If you have questions please contact me at (RJanisch@syc427.org).
Daily Self Certification
Please call the school office if your student is feeling ill, and be prepared to answer a few questions that will help us quickly and efficiently evaluate your child so that we can provide you information based on the latest recommended guidelines. It is imperative that if your student is experiencing ANY of the following symptoms, they remain home from school and any extracurricular activities outside the home.
- Fever or chills
- Moderate to Severe Headache
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Abdominal pain
- Congestion/runny nose
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
We know that things may look a little different this year and we are committed to keeping you informed on the changes that are taking place. Here is an overview of what your student can expect if they come to the Health Office with any of the symptoms listed above:
- The student will be brought to the health office where the nurse or their designee will quickly evaluate the student’s condition.
- If it is determined that they are experiencing any COVID like symptoms the student will be escorted to a designated and supervised isolation area.
- The school Nurse will notify the parent/guardian and walk them through the process of what is required for the student to return to school.
- Sick students should be safely transported home by parent or guardian as soon as possible.
- Other household members of the student will be sent home as well.
- Students will be expected to remain home from school and any extracurricular activities until cleared to return by the school nurse.
In the month of February we celebrate the trait of honesty. Honest people are true and sincere. To celebrate honesty wear pink on Thursday, February 18th. For our activity this month students will get to play two facts and a fiction with their class. Each student will write two facts about themselves and one thing that is fiction. The class will then decide which thing was fiction.
Thanks! EarlyAct Students
Spirit Wear *New*
North Grove has a new online spirit wear shop. Please use the link below to check out all of our new products.
We continue to try and fill our full-time position as we will need these positions filled when we return to in-person learning. Please note that we are hiring classroom assistant positions and nursing assistant positions. These are full-time positions with benefits offered. Please contact me and use the link below to complete your application if you are interested in joining us at North Grove.
Our North Grove students can check out a library book from the North Grove Library. Below you will find the steps to do this. All books that are put on hold by a student will be placed in their supply pick up bags or given to them at school (Maximum of Two Books). Then you can simply return them at school or during the next supply pick up to get your next set of books.
- Go to: Follett Online Library
- Select your state and search your school name.
- Select login in the upper right hand corner and login using your student’s Google school account.
- Choose a book and select the hold button.
In-Person Learning Reminders
- Drop off time is 8:45-9:00 AM
- Tardy bell will ring at 9:05 AM
- Dismissal will begin at 1:45 PM with the first students exiting the building at 1:50 PM
- All students should wear a well fitted mask to school each day
- All students should bring a water bottle to school each day
- Drinking fountains are turned off
- The building is closed to all visitors at this time
- We are not dispersing birthday treats at this time. You may send in a goodie bag for all students 72 hours prior to the day we would be sending them home.
- Remote students will have a learning pod from 2:15-2:30 PM Monday through Thursday
- It will be essential that all students working from home attend our live teaching sessions once we begin our in person learning. Please note that these live learning times indicate start times, but not end times. The teachers will get to decide how long they need to keep the students for based on each individual lesson and activity.
- Remote Supply pick up will be weekly on Fridays from 9:00 to 11:30 AM. You will enter through the front doors and exit through the far cafeteria doors (E-5).
- It will be imperative that all families complete the daily self certification process which includes a daily temperature check.
Take Care Hawks!
Principal, North Grove