Monday, February 1
- Black History Month Begins
- Young Author Classroom Finalists Announcement
Thursday, February 4
Announce Weekly BOLD Winners
Friday, February 5
- All Classroom Valentines Due to Classroom Teacher
- Supply Pick Up 9:00-11:30 AM
- Remote BOLD Award Meeting 3:00 PM
Monday, February 8
- EarlyAct Meeting 3:15 PM
- PTO Meeting 8:00 PM
Tuesday, February 9
- Valentines Cards for Seniors Due
- School Picture Day
- Board Meeting 7:00 PM
Wednesday, February 10
School Picture Day
Thursday, February 11
Announce Weekly BOLD Winners
Friday, February 12
- No School — Institute Day
- Remote Supply Pick Up 9:00-11:30 AM
- Remote BOLD Awards 2:00 PM
Black History Month
Black History Month begins on Monday and it gives our schools the opportunity to celebrate the contributions of Black Americans to our nation’s past, present, and future. During the month of February we will be focusing on celebrating Black History month. Each Monday we will have a fact for the week during announcements. Then each classroom will have instruction specific to Black History Month. We know this will be a meaningful month for all of our students.
This year for Valentines Day we are asking all parents to please ensure that all valentines are at North Grove by Friday, February 5 at the latest. Any valentines that arrive after Friday, February 5 will not be sent home with the students in the classroom before Valentines Day. We need all valentines to be in quarantine for 72 hours before we will send them home with the students. Thank you for helping us make this happen for the kids!
Valentines for Seniors
North Grove will help support seniors in the area by making them Valentine's Day cards. If your child would be willing to help us with this activity please have them make a card and turn them into the office by Tuesday, February 9th.
Thank you for joining us in making sure our seniors know how much we care about them.
- Picture Days will take place on Tuesday, February 9 and Wednesday, February 10. Students will take pictures on the day that they are in school.
- These pictures will be used for our yearbook.
- Remote students will have the option to come between 2:30-5:00 PM either day.
- Enter through the doors by the art and music room (Door E-4).
- Parents will accompany their remote students during the photo process.
- Parents can order online using the link below; use code 50469BF.
- Students will have the option to remove their masks for pictures. Masks must be worn while waiting in line and immediately after the picture is taken.
Daily Self Certification
Please call the school office if your student is feeling ill, and be prepared to answer a few questions that will help us quickly and efficiently evaluate your child so that we can provide you information based on the latest recommended guidelines. It is imperative that if your student is experiencing ANY of the following symptoms, they remain home from school and any extracurricular activities outside the home.
- Fever or chills
- Moderate to Severe Headache
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Abdominal pain
- Congestion/runny nose
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
We know that things may look a little different this year and we are committed to keeping you informed on the changes that are taking place. Here is an overview of what your student can expect if they come to the Health Office with any of the symptoms listed above:
- The student will be brought to the health office where the nurse or their designee will quickly evaluate the student’s condition.
- If it is determined that they are experiencing any COVID like symptoms the student will be escorted to a designated and supervised isolation area.
- The school Nurse will notify the parent/guardian and walk them through the process of what is required for the student to return to school.
- Sick students should be safely transported home by parent or guardian as soon as possible.
- Other household members of the student will be sent home as well.
- Students will be expected to remain home from school and any extracurricular activities until cleared to return by the school nurse.
In the month of February we celebrate the trait of honesty. Honest people are true and sincere. To celebrate honesty wear pink on Thursday, February 18th. For our activity this month students will get to play two facts and a fiction with their class. Each student will write two facts about themselves and one thing that is fiction. The class will then decide which thing was fiction.
Thanks! EarlyAct Students
Spirit Wear *New*
North Grove has a new online spirit wear shop. Please use the link below to check out all of our new products. This week all orders over $40 will qualify for FREE SHIPPING with the code SPIRIT-FS
We continue to try and fill our full-time position as we will need these positions filled when we return to in person learning. Please note that we are hiring classroom assistant positions and nursing assistant positions. These are full-time positions with benefits offered. Please contact me and use the link below to complete your application if you are interested in joining us at North Grove.
Our North Grove students can check out a library book from the North Grove Library. Below you will find the steps to do this. All books that are put on hold by a student will be placed in their supply pick up bags or given to them at school (Maximum of Two Books). Then you can simply return them at school or during the next supply pick up to get your next set of books.
- Go to: Follett Online Library
- Select your state and search your school name.
- Select login in the upper right hand corner and login using your student’s Google school account.
- Choose a book and select the hold button.
In-Person Learning Reminders
- Drop off time is 8:45-9:00 AM
- Tardy bell will ring at 9:05 AM
- Dismissal will begin at 1:45 PM with the first students exiting the building at 1:50 PM
- All students should wear a well fitted mask to school each day
- All students should bring a water bottle to school each day
- Drinking fountains are turned off
- The building is closed to all visitors at this time
- We are not dispersing birthday treats at this time. You may send in a goodie bag for all students 72 hours prior to the day we would be sending them home.
- Remote students will have a learning pod from 2:15-2:30 PM Monday through Thursday
- It will be essential that all students working from home attend our live teaching sessions once we begin our in person learning. Please note that these live learning times indicate start times, but not end times. The teachers will get to decide how long they need to keep the students for based on each individual lesson and activity.
- Remote Supply pick up will be weekly on Fridays from 9:00 to 11:30 AM. You will enter through the front doors and exit through the far cafeteria doors (E-5).
- It will be imperative that all families complete the daily self certification process which includes a daily temperature check.
Take Care Hawks!
Principal, North Grove