Free and Reduced Meals
Students need healthy meals to learn. Sycamore Community School District 427 offers healthy meals every school day. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price is $0.30 for breakfast and $0.40 for lunch.
- Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
- Who can get free meals?
- Who can get reduced-price meals?
- We received SNAP or TANF benefits. The school said my student is eligible for free meals via the Direct Certification Process. Do I need to do anything to ensure that my student receives free meals?
- How do I know if my children qualify as Homeless, Migrant, or Runaway?
- My child’s application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out another one?
- I get Women, Infants, and Children (WIC). Can my child(ren) get free meals?
- Will the information I give be checked?
- If I do not qualify now, may I apply again later?
- What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application?
- May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
- Who should I include as members of my household?
- What if my income is not always the same?
- What if some household members have no income to report?
- We are in the military. Do we report our income differently?
- My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for?